December 31, 2009

Retrospect 2009 ;D


Love you too, Adam. (:
[ Picccu courtesy of SeenZ. Love ya Glamsistah! ]

Man, it seems like high school only ended yesterday!

And now at the end 2009, here I am, still buried neck-deep in formulae and equations, complaining incessantly about the amount of tutorials the lecturers give us (and how lazy I get the moment I begin) over Facebook and Twitter.

(No wonder it's one of my 'most-used' words in my status updates. Haha!)

Nonetheless, there is no denying that 2009 was an awesome year, tutorials included. And here's a list of other things that made my two-double-oh-nine Glamtastic-ly AWESOME. (: In no particular order...

1. Jamie Oliver

Yes, imagine staying home for months at home doing absolutely nothing. That's where Jamie Oliver came into the picture. I got bored, I turned on the TV and there he was!

"...Don't be afraid of yer kitchen, anyone can cook! Absolutely anyone..."

And that got me in the cooking mode for sometime. Hence, gaining 13kg (20+ lbs?) over the long holidays. xD

Best Recipes of 2009:

-Jamie O's Chicken Chow Mein.
Easy-peasy, looks awesome, tastes awesome- this is prolly the only dish I eat with all the greens, garlic and all! Haha.

-Jamie O's Spaghetti and Meatballs.
Made my own pasta sauce AND my own meatballs! Lil' sistahs had it for lunch. Loved it.

-Nigella Lawson's Blood and Guts Potatoes.
It was SO worth the expensive Mozarella cheese. :3 Nyummeh.


2. Clutch, Gear... Brakes...

Haha, despite failing my first driving test, the journey there was nothing short of fun! (Well, the 5 hour lectures nearly killed me) But when I hit the road, everything was all good.

3. SPM Results

"I GOT AN A2 FOR ADD. MATH? AWESOME!"
Note: I failed both years, only got a C5 during trials. (;

4. American Idol!

This is what I spent nearly quarter of 2009 on. When I wasn't cooking or folding clothes or blogging or driving... Idol was pretty much my life! Which brings us to...

5. ADAM MITCHEL LAMBERT

I won't even begin to talk about Adam. From the audition room to the hot, hot, hot release of FYE and the AMA performance... And the Rolling Stones cover, and Details and the Kradam fics... Hot damn, it might go on for ages! XD

Idol finals just HAD to end in May. Which is why I decided to go to...

6. Pusat Asasi Sains UM

...instead of Kolej Matrikulasi Kuala Pilah. Haha! And a damn good choice that was! Remember me gaining weight in my 'cooking' phase? I lost nearly 10 kg here. Lawl! ;D

It was here (cheh, sounds like I've already left Asasi pulak.) that I met awesome people, new friends, acquaintances, partners-in-crime... I'm not gonna talk about this too. Let's just wait for Asasi to end first, aite? I'll have a post on this. Don't ya worry 'bout that.

7. C, A, Em, G!

Yesh, I have started playing the guitar! Marzuqah told me it was common and that I should take up a different instrument. But hey, considering the only instruments I've played in the past 18 years were the keyboards and the recorder, a guitar would make a fine addition don't you think?
(I'm getting my own guitar next week! Yay!)

8. BRATs!

Had my first article in the papers! With MY name on it! And I designed the cover and the illustration to go with the article. (: An achievement indeed.

Senior-ed the Ipoh lot. Awesome people. The Algorithm March and the Hoedown Throwdown! I miss you all. Haha.

10. Movies!

Yeah, a lot of movies made it to box office this year. I think I watched more movies this year alone than any year. Maybe it's because I'm in college and stuff. Haha...

There's more to 2009 but for now, I think that should be it. (: I've still got some laundry from 2009 to wash at the mo (Hahaaa, that sounds gross! Lawl!) so this will have to do as a retrospect.

Happy new year peeps!

New year's resolution? Don't have any. Gotta live each day as it comes right at ya.

XOXO, Susu.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

miss you too and the rest of the brats!*haha not you alone, tahu... :P*
why no new year's resolutions??
at least: I hope to be a better person? hehe
ANYWAYS, all the best!