March 08, 2011

Back to Classics.

Hello lovelies! (:

We had our annual college dinner last night. We didn't do glam rock or masquerades - we went back to the good ol' days. We all did our best to channel our inner retro/oldies/kampung-ness for the night. Some went to greater lengths to look uber pretty.

Me? No way Jose! My face was completely devoid of make-up. People say you learn to love make-up at my age. I dunno. Not quite there yet. Uh-huh.

Outfit-wise... My clothes were my aunt's once upon a time, the selendang belongs to my mum and the shoes, I've been wearing them to a gazillion dinners now. (I've had them since I was 17. OMG.) All in all, I only spent RM35 on new things (being my tudung and my new owlet necklace.) Clutch pun recycled.

Recycle! It's good for the environment and your wallet. (;


Here's what I looked like! TADA!
So, what do you think? (:
I'm the one right upfront on your left. Yes, that is I, Suraya Hazim.


Another shot. (:


Star of the night! The PINK Vespa. (;
We had to line up to snap pictures here. Hahaa

Aie and I at the table. (:
Aie's channeling his inner Bill Kaulitz, minus the hair. Hahaa


FOOD.
Of course they're Malay dishes.
They didn't have McD or Pizza Hut back in the day, you know.
Hahaaa


Olla : Ka Su ambik ayam last sekali!
Su: OMG D:


We had Tan Sri Jins Shamsudin at the event. He kinda choked up talking about P. Ramlee. He had his first screen test with the late actor and they did know each other. Too bad everyone was hungry. No one was paying much attention to the veteran actor. Students and long speeches never get along quite well. But tables turned when he performed with SAS Wind Orchestra members later that evening. Everyone loved the performance. Hahaa (: These youngsters know nothing la Tan Sri! (Ahahaha, macam I dah tua je.)

We left well after midnight, walking back from Dectar to KIY decked in heels.

Credits to Olla, photographer of the evening. (:

Next dinner : Geology Annual Dinner. Bring it ON!

3 comments:

Nawwal Bukhari said...

gorgeous lah suuuu! grr i still donno what to wear for my dinner =.=

Mama said...

Looking great, my dear!

SUSU. said...

@Nawwal: Awwwwhh, thanks darl! (: What's your theme la? Chillax, that outfit will come to you in time. Hahaaa

@Mama: Thank youuu (: