March 17, 2010

Down The Rabbit Hole.

I love Tim Burton's work. All of it. But...

Tim Burton's Alice lacked "much-ness" if you'd ask me.

Yeah, I have finally watched the movie (YAY!)

I skipped class for this, ruining Mr. Yeo's dream of a full attendance sheet. But then again, the attendance will never, ever be full. Firdaus ain't coming anytime soon. Neither is Fauzi. Me missing isn't much of a difference. Nonetheless, sorry Mr. Yeo. This is the only time I'll get to be with my sisters (all three of them) before the exams start and Johnny Depp isn't going to stay on the big screen forever now, ay? I had to go. (;

Anyhow, lacking "much-ness" aside, this movie had the very essence of a Tim Burton movie- crazy costumes, that dark edge... And Johnny Depp. XD

I mean, really now- Tim Burton always, always, always casts Johnny Depp in his movies.

Corpse Bride?
Edward Scissorhands?
Nightmare Before Christmas?
Sleepy Hollow?
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?
Sweeney Todd: Demon Barber of Fleet Street?

Ring a bell, anyone? Hahaha... Not to mention the many appearances of Helena Bonham Carter with the two. But then again, she's like- Mrs. Tim Burton now. Hahaha...

The thing with Tim Burton movies I love the most is the messages hidden within the storyline, the sarcasm, the irony...

One message that definitely stood out in this movie (to me, at least) was:

You can be whoever you believe yourself to be. Even when the entire world says it's impossible. (Disney movie much! XD)

Like Alice said: I can believe about six impossible things at breakfast.

Why can't we convince ourselves to do the same?

Exams are near. Make the impossible... Possible. (;

Going down the rabbit hole!
Get away from all we know!
Come on follow-
Come on and follow me!

-Adam Lambert, Down The Rabbit Hole, Bonus Track on FYE.

P/S: If I were Alice, I'd totally chuck the bottle of Jabberwocky blood and stay with the Mad Hatter. ):

No comments: