WOAH.
I just had to go. Plus, there was nothing much to do at home over the mid-semester break. Makan, tengok TV, makan, tengok TV je. Might as well go out and have fun, no? (:
Because I'm finally starting to feel a little tired from today's excursion, I'll cut this post short, summarize things and get some pictures to do the rest of the talking for me.
Well, in short, I have to say - we did have fun. At first I was a bit freaked out, honestly. Temah and I had Googled some pictures of the quartz ridge and it looked way too high for us to climb up. I just didn't think that I had enough stamina to climb up that high. Some Google reviews said the slopes up were quite steep. I heard that people have died here. O_O So, before the trip, I had texted Mama, Abah and Bak - asking them to pray for my safety.
Bak called me back, wishing me all the best; Mama and Abah, being the Geologists they are - replied:
Mama : "Baik2 pgg qtz vein tu, d conchoidal fractures r sharp, jagged and slippery esp in d rain"
Abah : "Ok. Careful because those quartz crystals exposed are hard and sharp. Dah pernah org jatuh injured - not geologist"
Hahaha. The last part of Abah's text certainly did not make me feel any better before the trip. Alhamdulillah I made it through the trip in one piece with nothing but lots of silt on my pants (because I slipped on my way down) and a 3mm cut on my pinky (of which I hadn't realized was there until just now. Hahaa.)
Allright, allright - now for my conclusion (because, as I had mentioned earlier, I'm tired and I just wanna finish this post quickly before my hands go PLOP. Hahaha.)
A bunch of geologists hiking up what seemed to be hundreds of meters high in the pouring rain to just for a chance to stand on the longest, largest quartz ridge in the world - it wasn't just fun, it was a lifetime experience.
Sadly, the majestic Klang Gate Quartz Ridge is facing the threats of urbanization. More buildings waiting rise, more highways just waiting to cut through these forests. Do your part and support all efforts to protect it. It took more than a hundred million years to build this majestic landscape, don't go and destroy it in a single second.
Now, some pictures! (:
| Our bus! Not just ANY bus, but... a double-decker, first class tour bus! Beat that! :D |
| It rained. Hence, the raincoats. :D (Mine got holes in it halfway through. The quartz crystals ate my raincoat!) |
| I always thought that this was limestone. Hahaa. Guess I was wrong! |
| Taking refuge in someone's makeshift garage. Next to a dumpster. Ewww. |
| Our starting point! It rained heavily later during the trip and I slipped. Oh well. Hahaa |
| Happy geologists! :D Din, Qayyum and Afiq. |
| This is Temah, climbing down a steep rockwall. Fuyoo. Temah HEBAT! |
| The Klang Gate Quartz Ridge! Here you can see two peaks! (: |
| Second year Geology boys looking fierce! Geologist pun boleh jadi model y'alls. (: |
| Breathtaking view from the top! Couldn't see the dam from here though. |
| FUTURE VOLCANOLOGIST. :D |

No comments:
Post a Comment