Once again, around 11 am this morning, I had been installed as school Prefect for the 3rd time in Secondary School. Sad, isn't it? Today would be the third time I walk down that aisle with a flower in my hands to exchange my duty with a senior (and perhaps another junior in 2 years..) Today would be the third time for me to sing those three Prefect songs, but with new faces in the lines I stand. This would also be the third time I've held up my right hand to read out the Prefect's Pledge.
Come to think of it. All this WILL repeat itself for another 2 YEARS. Interesting.
But this year's installation had a lil' twist to it. The tagline was Esprit De Corps meaning... meaning... Oh, darn! What does it mean? I have no recollection on what was written on the banner. But, oh well. Instead of students Form 3 - 5 scattered on the floor, VIP's on fluffy red chairs, parents and teachers on other chairs... THIS YEAR, we had chairs. No one sits on the floor. The VIPs had plastic chairs, the others sat on metal chairs. ONLY the Form 4s attended our little installation and the 3rd and 5th formers were in class, studying normally. We had to sing an additional MALAY song during the 3 Prefect Songs.
All thanks to Pn. Hong Yin Wah, our lovely headmistress.
+++
Ryan: She doesn't mean what she's saying does she?
Nicky: Su, saying the headmistress is lovely? Fat chance.
+++
But we did have a GREAT time. The incoming board sang Mimpi Yang Pasti by Vince (Ala, that song for the Hotlink ad - once upon a time!) and the outgoing board sang Do I Make You Proud by Taylor Hicks. We swayed with our flowers, like concert peeps with their glow-sticks! xD
Exchanged flowers with my senior, Chai Yen~
Another cool thing. My prefect mum is a prefect again and my anak is also a prefect and my probate sis is also still a prefect! How cool is that?
After that, we ran away and ignored all the lil' plastics scattered on the floor and ran up to class. Haih, I'm supposed to write an article for this! ^^;; And my Dory mind just can't recall the meaning of our tagline quite yet. Next week, Taekwando Grading. DIE!
-Su, signing off-
No comments:
Post a Comment