March 13, 2007

Of hauntings and flashes.

First and foremost, HELLO CIVILIZATION! Not that I didn't have anything close to civilization in my new school. It's just a line to describe how happy I am to be in touch with the keyboard again, to dry my eyes infront of the computer monitor and toy around with the mouse. Aah... xD

To my dearest friends, I'm still the Suraya you know. Yes - that Suraya who'll jump up and down at the sight of hawt blonde guys and sit infront of the TV for ages if there's CSI: or House M.D. Haha... And yes, that Suraya who thinks Draco and Harry should be together. LOL... God, I miss you guys so much! The days of dozing of in class and ignoring that huge mound of homework! Can't do that anymore. Not when you practically LIVE with your teachers. Hahaha... Makes me work a little harder and that's a good thing, I suppose.

Scott: Obviously it's good.
Ryan: No, it's BAD. You're not in boarding school - you won't know how it is Scott.
Nicky: I think it's good.
Ryan: You're a homework geek. Duh, it'll do you good.
Nicky: Yeah, THANK GOD for the homework geek who does all YOUR homework for you.
Ryan: Hehehe... ^^;;;
Scott: *sweat*

Okay, moving on to the main topic - as you could see - "OF HAUNTINGS AND FLASHES"

On the 9th of March, 4 students of each SBP (Sekolah Berasrama Penuh or um... Fully Residential Schools) were chosen for the National Level English-In-Camp 2007 at the Malay College Kuala Kangsar (MCKK) And representing Kolej Tunku Kurshiah are... Suraya (ME!), Jasmine, Juni and Alay~

At 9 o' clock, we brought our luggage down and settled by the side of the bus, waiting for the rest of the schools to turn up. While waiting, we (or more likely, Pn. Jun) decided to have a lil' chat with the SASER (Sains Seremban) boys. I could never imagine guys doing their own laundry. xD
Around 10 or so, the bus finally came! SBPI Jempol's bus. As we boarded the bus, we were greeted by Mr. Fergus Brennan, 28-year-old, not single PET (Project English Teacher) of SBPI Jempol with his lovely British "Hullo." [NOTE: Throughout this post, I shall just refer to hime as Fergus, kay? ^^ ] We took our seats and waited for everyone else. 11 o' clock. Almost 12 o' clock... *tummy grumbles* "Pn. Jun, everyone else is at recess and we're starving here..." I commented, looking at the time. At that very moment, as if on cue, the STJ kids arrived. Thank God, can we like - move now?

Around 4 o' clock or so - yes, I've skipped a few hours worth of stories - we arrived at the R&R in Perak. Just half-an-hour's drive to MCKK. While the rest of us went for prayers, I decided to st down with Fergus. "So which part of London are you from?" I asked. "Owh, 'ave you watched the movie Not'ing Hill - Hugh Grant? My 'ouse is just ten minutes away from there" That's so cool. While waiting for the rest, we got to know each other, we talked about books, journalism, literature, students, Malaysia, pirated CDs, Aspen, London, double-decker buses, ('Alamak, I finished my drink!') West-End Plays, Brokeback Mountain, Malaysia's censorship board, Islam, muhibbah, food, KL-copying-London issues - and it suddenly started to RAIN. O_O

Okay, so what, it's just rain. KABABOOM.
[Cue: Heavy rain.]

Fergus: 'Eavy rain - that's hujan lebat in Malay, right?
Su: Yup, that's right.
Fergus: What about rainbow?
Su: It's pelangi! ^^;

As we spoke, we did not notice that everyone else was gone and the rain was getting heavier by the second. No other participants were in sight - only the stranded TKC-ans and poor Fergus and Pn. Jun. Oh dear.

Then came Pn. Jun's brilliant idea. They called up the bus driver to drive uphill and pick us up. Unfortunately, we had to run to the bus. In heels. In our batik baju kurung. God, help me get through this day. xD "RUN!" Pn. Jun yelled at the sight of the bus. All of us quickly ran with me in the lead, trying hard to run with my 2-inch-heels, praying I won't stumble on the tar road. I immediately leaped into the bus and everyone was laughing. "You try running in heels next time" Jasmine said. I laughed with the rest of the bus.

Around 6.30pm, we arrived at the oh-so-famous 102 year old school, MCKK. The school was HUGE. And not to mention - antique. xD We all checked in and got our itineraries and complimentary caps. Then, cometh the MC boys. "Excuse me miss, do ou need help with your luggage?" Now that's not something you see everyday. "Sure." Thank God for servants! Or in better words, manpower! Hahaha... Just kidding. So the poor boys carried our luggage all the way to our dormitories which were at the other end of the world. O_O

So begins ENGLISH-IN-CAMP 2007.

DAY 1

Me: Excuse me, is this Group 13?
Hadi: Yeah... Uhm, cikgu ke?
Me: Do I look like a teacher? Mana ada!
Hadi: Oh, student ke?
Me: Student lah!
Hadi: Ooh... Student! Student university ke?
Me: Tak ada lah! Nampak macam student universiti ke?
Hadi: Budak TKC eh?
Me: *nods*
Group members: Cheh... Budak TKC...
Me: ^ ^;;

TO BE CONTINUED...

I know, I know - Day 1's not done yet! xD And plus, I'm on my way back to Terengganu and going back to TKC this Sunday. Goodbye internet~ ;_; *sobsniffeh*

Allright, till I get hold of the computer again - I guess it just ends here. Let's all pray that Su remembers what she was going to post here about the E-I-C. xD

Alright 'en,
Lots and lots of love -

The Milk Carton.

No comments: