August 22, 2009

Puasa. Day 1.

First of all, happy Ramadhan! (:

Back from Jati Diri class. Survived 3 hours of the usual stuff, love your parents, be kind o your lecturers, yada-yada with intervals of inspirational vids. It was freezing cold. Still felt a bit under the weather from last night. :/

All I had for sahur was half a senduk of rice to go with a few scoops of egg-drop soup. Then I munched on 3 kurmas (not wanting to be the first to leave the table) and drank 1 glass of purple carrot juice, 1 glass of soy milk and 1 glass of lychee juice. No, I totally skipped the 'drink lots of plain water' part.

Didn't have much for dinner too. Blame it on my ever changing mood swings, I dunno- but last night I felt so horribly sad; it was like my life was about to end. I ate a tiny piece of chicken with gravy for dinner and decided to call it a night. I sat in my room, unable to leave the bed. I spoke to no one the whole night. I stared at the celing a long, long, long time. Text messges flooded my phone wishing me the best of Ramadhan, yada-yada-yada (Thanks guys, but I wasn't much in the mood to reply personally to each message like I usually do.)

I got off my bed, thinking about how miserable my life was. (Amazing how hormones can affect you) I kept my silence, thinking about little things like how long it has been since I last spoke to my Dad, how I did not get straight A's for my SPM, how much I was overweight and how much I didn't understand my classes; my feeble attempt to finish tutorials? It was horrible. I felt sick. I felt like throwing up- I felt-

And then a text message came in. It was him. (: Dalam tengah emo macam nak mati tu, I smiled.
His text was nothing out of the ordinary; just a simple "Pergi tarawih cepat."

I looked out to the living room. The only light left on was the one by the TV. Everyone had left for tarawih without me I guess.

I head back to my room and lay on my bed. With all the strength I had left in me, I picked up the phone to reply.

"Feeling very,very,very sick. Everyone's gone. Tinggal I sorang kat rumah. Enjoy your tarawih. I'm gonna get myself some meds now. Tata."

Dalam usaha mencari Panadol he replied, "Pegi makan ubat and have some rest.. Nytes."

Hah, there's the Panadol! >___< "Allrighty then, night! Going for Jati Diri tak?" I hit the send button, crashing into my pillow.

"Nope... if u go please sign for me, ***** semua. if you go ok. thanks a lot"

Sempat lagi... XD Hahah, aduuh... At least he added, IF you go. LMAO.

"I think I'll make it" I typed in, contemplating on skipping Jati Diri myself. "Should be better by morning." I added. Then I felt how the drugs were beginning to work (Panadol wasn't the only thing I took last night. Don't ask apa lagi I took.) and I quickly added-

"Aight, I feel the meds kicking in. Nak tido. Night, oyasumi! (:"

I was slowly slipping into a deep sleep (thanks to the cocktail of meds) when his reply came in, and I read it, just barely awake:

"Nyte. get well soon. if still demam by tomorrow x payah pg jati diri ok.. call ur mum to pick u up."

I smiled and whispered a silent OK. The next thing I knew, I was already asleep.

Like I said, it's amazing how mood swings work. I'm feeling very happy now. The last in my cycle is usually anger. When would that happen? Hmm...

No comments: