And I'm not ashamed to tell you, all of of you- what I got. Because I know exactly where I went wrong and deep down I know that I deserve this grade.
And I don't want anyone to share my fate in the upcoming finals. Trust me, even I wouldn't want this for the finals.
Here we go!
FJAF0111 (Vector) : C
FJAF0112 (Computer Science) : A
FJAX0111 (Algebra) : C-
FJAX0112 (Calculus) : C+
FKAX0111 (Chemistry 1) : C
FKAX0112 (Chemistry 2) : C
FMAX0111 (Physics 1) : A-
FMAX0112 (Physics 2) : C
FB0111 (Preparatory English) : S (It's either this or U; Unsatisfactory. XD)
Overall grade; C+
So, what did I do to get such a grade? C- is just a few grades above FAILING.
I admit that I was not exactly serious about my studies. My tutorials were mostly copied and almost never referred to, only to be flipped mere hours before the examinations under the false pretense that made me think "Hey, I could do this."
I also admit that I have NEVER done Basic Chemistry 2 tutorials on my own. How I came to get a C surprises me even now. I should have failed. But I didn't.
Chemistry 1? That subject, I loved a lot. I really enjoy drawing those orbitals and Lewis structures... Guess the resonance structures got me a but tangled here and there. I got a C for this one, could've done better.
My mathematical subjects; Algebra, Calculus and Vector. One thing about me and math is that I am just too effing lazy to think and even lazier to get myself to practice it. Whenever I come to a dead end (usually after just 30 minutes of staring at the paper) I get up and start looking for someone else's paper and copy it. And understand it. But I hardly ever refer to my tutorials once they're discussed.
The understanding ends there. And yet for all three math papers, I did not fail. I got a C, C+ and C- for cryin' out loud.
Basic Physics 2 was just proof to how much I needed to work on my Math. Unlike Basic Physics 1 that revolved around theories, Basic Physics 2 worked around numbers. And again, even for this paper- I did not fail. I got a C.
Which made me realize one simple fact:
These results, the one I just got is what I got without proper studying.
What if I actually studied?
What if I actually had the patience to sit for an hour or two to solve a single math question?
What if I forced myself a little bit harder to memorize and appreciate Organic Chemistry?
What if I actually finished my tutorials on my own?
I could've gotten STRAIGHT A's. That's for sure.
I realize the fact that I'm not stupid.
I'm not going to cry or attempt to kill myself crossing the road or anything like some people tried to do over the grades that I got-
Because I know that I am smart. Like Pn. Roha always said- "...Tuhan kurniakan kita otak..." Haha, those words rang in my head the moment this realization came to me.
I know that all it takes- is for me to...
-Finish tutorials on my own (no matter how long it might take. Jihad nak belajar!)
-Cut off on those unnecessary evening naps. Time bosan je tido! Apa nak jadi daaa...? Study ah! >___<
-Eat breakfast. Get's the brain working. Hahahah...
-Stay in my room a little bit more. I walk around too much. No wonder my books are all pretty and unused! XD [ Hahah, no worries- I'll still be making regular trips to the 6th floor. But this time around, I'll be there to study so I can be SMART! Like YOU GUYS! (: ]
-Pray and hope for the best. (:
Finals are coming 'round the corner. I guess it's best to not completely forget about those horrible mid-semester results. Vent that feeling of anguish, regret and giving up into something positive! So you got a C, or worse? SO WHAT?
Move forward.
Life waits for no one, it's too short for regrets. So, wipe that frown of your face and SMILE. (:
I honestly believe that bad things do happen for a reason.
In this case, it's telling me to study just a little bit harder. Hahah. It's God's way of reminding me what I really came to Asasi for.
To study, to build a strong foundation- to get going on my way to be a VOLCANOLOGIST.
Come on, Su- you've wanted to do this since you were FIVE. You can't let a few math questions stop you in your tracks!
It's a long way, but hey- it's not about how fast you get there, it's the climb! (Cheesy, I know.)
I think that's enough for the evening. I've got a floor meeting to attend! Hahah.
Last but not least,
Dearest Asasians,
Don't repeat my mistakes. Work hard for what you want; we'll make it through together. InsyaAllah....
Emo plak petang2 nih. Aight, floor meeting. I'm already on the balcony with my laptop. Hahaha...
XOXO; Susu.
4 comments:
hey susu!!
you know what you want,
i know you can do it!!
hahha...
==hannan,
susu,
how was MUET?
Mine is tomorrow..
Takut lah!
MUET was cacat lah. I had nothing much to say leh. Hahahahaha...
hye honey bunny!
dont push urself too hard taw.
we are all here for you....if u have anything to share...bagitau aja. jangan simpan k hun...
love u,
XOXO.
Post a Comment