Nadzmie's house, that is. (:
Yesterday Nad had a barbeque at his place that was super awesome and so friggin' huge; it had a fish pond both outside and inside the house with cute fat koi fishies swimming around. (Haha, since when orang guna fish pond to show the house is huge?)
Honestly, I had absoultely nothing to wear. Two years in boarding school had drained me completley of any normal, casual clothing- leaving me with a large number of baju kurung and a few long-sleeved tees to go with a few random pairs of pants. I told my Mom this and she was like- "Why don't you wear Jaja's kebaya top with your jeans?"
And I was like: Oh, that sounds okay.
Note that Jaja is my sister; my younger sister who is in STANDARD 5. 7 years younger, and obviously smaller. And I was seriously agreeing to wearing HER kebaya top. XD
Just as class ended, I headed to Apat's room to actually IRON the darned thing that I kept in my bag (Mum gave me the kebaya top before class, I had to shove it down my LeSportsac.) Dah habis iron, I left it in Apat's room and ran back up to my room to mandi.
Habis mandi, I head back down to Apat's room to get dressed up with the rest of the girls (tiba2 lak bilek Apat became a dressing room. Haha!) and thank God, Jaja's baju kurung fit! Tiba-tiba... Apat noticed a HOLE in the side of my (Jaja's) kebaya top. O_O Ke-panik-an melanda!
Thank God Syira's roommate ada needle and thread. Apat volunteered to sew the lobang. (:
After fixing the minor waldrobe malfunction, we head downstairs to the ATM to wait for Ejam; Apat, Azreen, Sayn and I.
Ejam came round the bend with his sister's car, Rizwan in the passenger's seat. The four of us got in the back and so the journey began. Nad, being the gentleman he is, insisted that the girls went by car. Bono, Putz and Apat only left later that evening (Apat had Vector tutorials) and the guys left by cab and Keretapi Tanah Melayu.
We arrived WAY earlier than the tuan rumah, En. Muhammad Nadzmie b. Zulkifli so we decided to take a detour to...
THE CURVE!
Hahahahahaha...
Nadzmie had forwarned us NOT TO EAT. So, we pretty much kept our stomachs empty. After the short detour to the Curve, we finally made our way to Nad's house.
We were greeted at the gate by Nadzmie, Epul, Ilyas among many others. Not to mention, Faiz who was clicking away with his Canon 450D SLR.
Nad's Mum ushered us inside for drinks before we set to work in the kitchen.
The girls were in charge of the ketupat nasi and table settings, the guys went all kampung sitting on a tikar, cucuk-ing marinated udang and sotong on skewers. Faiz played his role as photographer of the day (honestly, my Ixus is not a match for his SLR) while we chopped and cucuk-ed. Epul showed off his culinary skills, making some sort of sauce for the BBQ chicken. ("Cili hijau dah habis?!") Nad's mum was kind enough to give us whatever we needed. The kitchen was all ours. (:
Half-way through preparations, baru la Putz, Bono and Apat arrived. Hahahhahahaa...
We spent the evening going round Nad's house. The guys played football (the video game. :P) upstairs- Nad had both a PS3 and a Nintendo Wii. Azreen and Epul were on grill duty, flipping pieces of chicken and mutton. Apat, Bono, Nwal and Put had fun flipping skewered udang under the watchful eye of Ejam who skewered those udangs in the first place.
The food was pretty much done. It was time to MAKAN. :D
I had two plates of spaghetti, a chunk of chicken, quarter potato (courtesy of Sayn) and a bunch of skewered udang and chicken satay. And pulut too, to go with rendang.
I was so full. D:
The boys had Maghrib prayers together; and Yaasin. The girls prayed seperately and we gathered upstairs. We played a round of charades, broken telephone and chi ku pak with Nadzmie's sister Effie. Nawwal beat me at chi ku pak the moment the guys came upstairs. Hahahahahah...
Later that night, we ate some more, played fireworks and to top it all off- a game of
GUITAR HERO : WORLD TOUR.
Haha. We had a few vocalists; Ejam, Zharif, Wan and Sandra entertaining us. Nadzmie and his brother showed off their skills playing the guitar and drums (future Jo Bros?) and we, the audience sang along and clapped (and boo-ed) the aspiring rockstars. xD
It would have been lovely to sleep over (the girls could just hijack Effie's room and the guys in the guest room downstairs) but we did have to leave. It was getting late.
We left in 3 cars; Ejam drove his, Nad drove the Lexus and Nad's Dad drove the Alphard. Like father, like son- both bawak super laju- Ejam's car was left behind.
I was in Ejam's car with Zharif and we sang along to a couple of Nidji songs before safely arriving in UM. Ejam dropped me off infront of Block D and I head upstairs.
It was indeed an awesome day and for that I thank Nadzmie and his family for their hospitality. (:
And thank you again, Ejam for being my driver of the day.
Allrighty then, bedtime. Put's open house in the morning! (:
1 comment:
Ur welcome :D
Post a Comment