December 20, 2010

Look out, world!

SURAYA HILMI HAZIM, 19, Time's Person of the Year. :D

Nooo, I wouldn't make the cover. Not in the near future at least. Maybe never. Maybe I will. Maybe there'll be a shot of me in a hot-suit next to an exploding volcano, I dunno.

I've always dreamt of being on the cover of Time. It's like making it on the Forbes' list for money-makers. But being on Time - it just shows how much you've made an impact on mankind that year. You made a change, globally. What could I possibly do to be a Person of the Year? I'm nothing much, really.

It's like going to the moon, you know. Yeah, it's possible. People have done it before. But deep down, you KNOW that you'll never make it to the moon - so after a while, you just stop thinking about it.

But there's nothing wrong with a bit of imagination, I guess.

And I guess Time figured that out too - hence the FB app used to make my own Time magazine cover. (:

A girl can dream!

Well, there is ONE list that I never thought I'd be on (I've dreamt about it, many times - didn't think it was possible!) but I did:

Top 10 students (Geology Dept.)

My name was on the list. And my name was at number 1. Yeah, numero uno.

I was like "HOMAIGAWD!" I didn't make the Dean's List, but heck - just being in this list made me super happy. And being at the top of the list - man, I wanted to cry. (:

So yeah.

Maybe dreams do come true after all. Time to dream bigger, Su.

Look out - I'm going to take over the world, one list at a time. (:

No comments: