February 12, 2011

Rant, what rant?

Haha. No lah. Firstly, an apology is due to dear friend Mahira Mahmod yang baru follow my blog! Kesian Mahira! Takut ang terkejut. LOL.

Ahahaha, kalau nak tahu - I kalau emo memang macam ni! It's not your fault, everything I complain about dalam blog ni just my inner frustrations. They have nothing to do with you, sayang. (:

Frustrations aside, I made it through the Schlumberger Career Talk alive. The technical talks were too heavy for me being an inexperienced first year - but the Career Talk was worth the wait. (:

Met my UM gals - Ungku, Alin and Sha. Only 2 of us UKM first years went, that being Iwan and myself. Well, Iwan had his Indo seniors to sit with, so I didn't feel bad about leaving him for the company of the UM gals I've missed! Maafin gue ya Iwan.

We had breakfast in the DKG thanks to Sha who got us all bread. Trying to eat the bread quietly however proved quite the challenge (You try opening a packet of bread ninja-style!) We had tea afterwards - in Bangsar.

AHAHAHA! :D Like the good old days kan Ungku and Sha? Except now we've got Alin on board! (:

We came back conveninently around lunch (OMG!) to hand in our CVs. We got cool free pens too. LOL.

The girls left early, I stayed in for the Career Talk. Apparently, geologists just sit around doing data analysis in comfy offices in Schlumberger. Haha! :D Newly employees need to go through orientation in Abu Dhabi.

"The middle east won't take all these countries without visa - like Brunei - so we send them to the training center in Paris instead."

OHMAIGAWDSAYWAAAHHT? O_O

Well, if I don't get into Volcanology - I think I may have found my next big career break. Haha!

Till then, I've got grades to keep up (and push even higher!) and inevitable Chemistry tutorial deadlines to catch.

I'm just gonna leave you with a lil' something.

Think about this.

What's your excuse?

Be safe, lovelies! And happy studying, Geology comrades!
XOXO, Su.

No comments: