WALAUWEYH!
I heard they broke Aspirasi's almost never-ending winning streak. Hebat ah.
I don't get why everyone is depressed about the new forces ruling UKM. I think the votes say it all : It's time for someone else to lead. IT IS TIME FOR CHANGE.
GM's win was all abuzz in UKM this morning. eveyone was talking about it.
"Damn, lepas ni sure ada curfew. Tak boleh keluar dah laki ngan perempuan..."
or...
"Lepas ni semua kena pakai tudung labuh la weyhhh. Tak boleh nampak dada!"
or
"No more theatre, dancing..."
or
"Lepas ni semua baju kena kancing lengan, bla, bla, blaaa..."
I honestly don't see what's the problem here. What's the big fuss?
"Semua ni sebab taksub politik ah."
Politics, my FOOT. I don't see any of this comments as political - they sound more like an attack on the basic teachings of Islam!
What saddens me even more is that these statements were not made by Chinese or Indian students, but by our own Muslim, Malay brothers and sisters.
The things these people dread SO much are really the things that we NEED to consider as Muslims. Not something we can push aside because we don't feel like doing. Most of the complaints I've heard about the (rumoured) upcoming GM rule is about the change in dress code and curfew.
Most of the dress code complaints came from the girls of course, thinking that:
GM = freaky women in tudung labuh = NOT COOL = social suicide.
Like, HELL-O people! WAKE UP.
Quoting a hadith;
Sabda Rasulullah kepada Asma’ binti Abu Bakar,
“Wahai Asma’ sesungguhnya seorang wanita itu apabila telah baligh (haidh) maka tidak boleh baginya menampakkan tubuhnya kecuali ini dan ini, seraya menunjukkan wajah dan telapak tangannya.” [HR Abu Daud]
“Wahai Asma’ sesungguhnya seorang wanita itu apabila telah baligh (haidh) maka tidak boleh baginya menampakkan tubuhnya kecuali ini dan ini, seraya menunjukkan wajah dan telapak tangannya.” [HR Abu Daud]
I don't wear socks and I roll my sleeves up a lot. Hell, I know I'm not the best one to comment on aurat or Islam in general ( but I'm still trying to be a good muslimah in the aurat department, among others. )
But, hey -
I mean, if it's a change for the better, why not? Heaven's our goal, right? I'm sure that if there was such a ruling, it was made with the best intentions in mind by people who want us to be on the right path. (:
And, please open up your minds people!
Just because you wear the hijab it doesn't mean you can't be stylish! Just don't go too over the top. Islam is all about beautiful-ness, in moderation. Feel free to shake things up - wear bright coulours, mix and match and try out different colour palettes and materials to fill your wardrobe. Just follow the guidelines in Islam and you're set to go! :D
It all boils down to one's knowledge of faith and how he/she upholds it.
I'm not siding with any political party - they each have their own say on things, as do I - but when it comes to Religion, when it comes to Islam, we as Muslims should know best that Allah has set us off in this world with guidelines to follow in every single thing we do.
Just open up the Qur'an. Go back to the hadiths.
Find your way back. (:
InsyaAllah, we'll all earn a place in the abodes of Jannah, together.
Oops, gotta run. Asar prayers await!
P/S: Congratulations to GMUKM on winning campus elections. And congrats to the Aspirasi candidates too, who won their respective seats. All I hope is that all those manifestos you guys promised us are not gone to waste. Looking forward to a great academic year ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment