September 17, 2011

The Road So Far.

-cue horrifying images here-
SUPERNATURAL.

If you do not understand the above reference, well I've gotta say... neither does Castiel. 

Hello again, dear readers... whomever you may be; be it lurking readers from across the continent, or a classmate reading anonymously. (Yes, I know you're reading this! Stalker. Haaa.)

I know it has been forever since my last substantial blogpost. I don't know why half of you even bother following me. I don't have a clue. But thank you for doing so. At least I know real people are reading this. Not just the Blogger.com servers. :D

So... what's new?

I'm now in my second year, pursuing my passion for all things rock-related, Geology. 

My room is no longer on the first floor, it's now on the 3rd floor, away from all civilization. Maybe I exaggerated a little on the civilization bit. Good news is, I now have a ROOMMATE! Yes, after the devastating day that was July 30th, 2010 - I now have a roommate. Now I don't feel all lonely anymore. Thank you, KIY for putting me in this room with this crazy girl named Syu. 

No one bonds better than two Leos. (: Like, seriously - we have the same rubbish bin, the same detergent and the same bed-time. How cool is that? (;

On to classes...

Dr. Kamal had his usual post-mortem slides up in his first class with us. Despite the drop in my grades last semester, I managed to top the list with my CGPA. Alhamdulillah. (: Though I don't understand why he had to attach a huge-ass copy of my passport photo on the slide. I pray that this CGPA gets me that JPA scholarship. I could really use a financial push right now. 

We had our first weekend fieldwork! Yes, I say first because we're going to have to attend fieldwork every single Saturday until the end of the semester. I initially paired up with Mahira for the practical class, but as the number of the girls and boys in our class was, as Dr. Zaiton put it: "balanced", we had to find new partners of the opposite sex. 

"Okay, you may start looking for your partners!" she said with a smile. 

I was SO weirded out by the statement. It sounded like we had to search the class for our life partners or something. I think I wasn't the only one who thought so because some other kids in my class laughed at the statement. 

The class didn't exactly scatter out in a hurry. Everyone took their time, staring across the room. Waiting for propositions, hoping for a proposition. 

Mahira and I looked around the class for a partner. Never have I ever needed to look for a guy like this, in such a short period of time. I mean, this guy - my partner - would determine my grades this semester. I couldn't just choose anyone, no?

Damn, now it really sounds like I'm looking for a partner. -____-

So, anyhoo - after much deliberation, Mahira paired up with Ardian. Me? Well, Iwan and I came to an agreement that we'd be fine paired up together (as project partners!) Nak belajar pun kan? Rilek-rilek sudaaa. So, having decided that, I head up to register our group with our lecturer, Pn. Marilah.

Pn. Marilah : Suraya, partner dengan siapa?
Me: Partner dengan Iwan.
Pn. Marilah: -looking down at list- Siapa? Afiq?
Me: Tak, tak, tak - Kurniawan. Kurniawan Adha. Tu nama dia. -points-
Pn. Marilah: Nak jugak dengan boyfriend dia. -laughs-

Aiyoyooo. Aiyomaaa, amma, appa!

Some gossip just take forever to disappear. I blame Twitter and my classmates' over-active imagination.

-____-;;;

Gossip aside, the year is turning out to be a pretty good year. First fieldwork was super tiring, that much I can say - but man, it feels SO good to be back on campus again. So, so good.(:

P/S: Pray that I get that JPA scholarship! Results come out 23rd Sept. Dun dun dunnn.

1 comment:

mahira said...

cool post :)