![]() |
| Talking to the moon? |
Last night, almost everyone on my Twitter timeline from this side of the hemisphere was tweeting about the moon. I didn't exactly know why until I saw the term moon-bow being posted by another friend of mine.
So, in the middle of the night (I think it was a quarter to midnight) my roommate and I head out into the parking lot 2 blocks away, to catch a glimpse of the moon.
At first, we couldn't find the moon. HAHA. We looked into the horizon in front of us and behind us, and we did not see the moon. Pusing punya pusing, rupa-rupanya the moon was right on top of our heads with the prettiest band around it.
The photo was captured by yours truly. My cousin had suggested a lower ISO number, but he gave the suggestion after the photo was posted. Being the photography n00b I am, I amped up the ISO number to 1600. I need more classes! Hahaa
To know more about the formation of moon-bows or lunar halos, simply type it out in your preferred search engine and a gazillion articles will be pouring in for you to read. (:
Thank you, Allah, for this amazing sight. Saturday was disastrous, with mapping and all - but when I saw this on Sunday night, all my troubles seemed to melt away just like that.
Til next time, dasvidanya!
P/S: How many other songs can you think of which has the word 'moon' in it? (:

No comments:
Post a Comment