October 04, 2006

Penilaian Menengah Rendah!

PMR 2006
(5 days of papers and stationery in my P.O.V)

Day 1
Subjects:
1. Bahasa Melayu (Kertas 1 dan 2)
2. Pendidikan Islam
Woke up for sahur today feeling rather shaky. Looked at the PMR schedule pinned up to my wall - more like stuck to the wall with at least one shred of masking tape per corner so it won't fall off. ^^ Can't believe it. 3 years of studying and it all comes up to THIS? Packed my bag, checked the stationery case for the umpteenth time, maked sure that I had my exam slip and IC and ironed my school uniform. Being me, I had to make sure my G.A. was perfect too before leaving the house. ("Ana have you seen my tags?") At around 7.05 - I arrived in school. Kissed mum goodbye and left the car. There was a snake gliding in the middle of the street causing the girls to scream in terror. "AAAH!!! ULAR!!!" It was at least 2 feet long, maybe shorter. Went to the longbench - greeted by me friends who were all chanting stuff like "NILAI! PENGAJARAN! PLOT! BUSHRAH DIED AH??" I didn't even bother to open the darned book. x_x;
At 7.25, we were sent to the lawn. We lined up in our classes, sayig our prayers in silence. Then, Encik Mustafa stepped up to the podium and got hold of the mike -
"PERHATIAN..."
"SEDIA!"
"ASSUNTA..."
"BOLEH!"
"BOLEH APA?"
"8A!"
"BOLEH APA??"
" LAPAN A!!!!"
So, uhm, yeah. We were all fired up and ready to go. In front of the exam hall, Nicole and I were singing Snakes On A Plane for a little motivation. BM was definitely not our strongest point. *cough* Like people leaving for war - with a kiss goodbye - we entered the exam hall. ("Oi, right foot first!" *steps in with right foot*) We sat down, took out our IC and exam slip and lay the ziploc bags aside. Bahasa Melayu 1 - quite easy. Bad enough, I never revised the KOMSAS thing but I managed to answer it anyway. Tatabahasa? Very straightforward. Wrong sentence, correct sentence.. *shades answer* Because it's the first day - everyone's so eager to check after they've finished the paper. O_O Bahasa Melayu 2 was tiring. My hands hurt from writing all those essays. Everybody was writing at top speed to beat the clock. So many words... So little time! Sakit tangan!! Then, the non-muslims all head back home when the paper was over... :/
Not for me! I'm sitting for the Pendidikan Islam paper! Studied in the surau with Sabby. The surau was filled with so many uncivilised people I wanted to scream!! Hmph. At 2.00pm, sat for the paper which turned out to be quite easy. Yay for me! Should've studied more on the khalifahs though. The paper was over at 4. Waited outside Gate C and waved goodbye to everyone. xD End of day 1.

Day 2
Subjects:
1. English (Paper 1 and 2)
2. Science (Paper 1 and 2)

Finally, the paper we've ALL been waiting for - it's ze Eeenglish paper~ As I expected, it was easy. An A, right there! No Encik Mustafa today. Daw... There was Puan Fadzillah though - who sent us off saying "Tarik nafas kuat-kuat!" We smiled at her and pretended to do so. Took out our stationery, said our prayers, wished each other good luck and sat down. Took out our IC and exam slips, yada-yada... English Paper 2? We had to write a letter for Section A. God, I love letters. Scribbled down the summary on one side... Novel on one side... Letter... And copied it onto the answer sheet... Done. *waits for time to end* I must've read my answer over and over again before they said "Calon-calon, masa sudah tamat" Like, finally. Then we had Science which was surprisingly (everything in PMR surprises me, go figure) very easy. We did most of the questions in class with Pn. Rose, so Science wasn't all that bad. But the exam booklets were 59 pages long, 1 quesion with a huge picture and the equivalent of the question in BM on the other side. Poor trees... ;_;

Day 3
Subjects:
1. Math (Paper 1 and 2)
2. Sejarah
Woke up this morning, ate butter cookies for sahur because I felt like it. Went into the room, rummaged through my stuff and found this small whiteboard thing Mum got for my room which had a picture of Zidane head-butting Materazzi beside the words "PMR! 38 more days to go!" Don't ask about the pic, it was random. Aah, now there's only two more days of PMR left! Sad... Walked across the room, and looked at the math formulae I scribbled on the IKEA folders Mum got me. (Those ones - 5 for 3.99 or summat) Read through it as I put on my uniform and head off for school. "1/2 times (a+b) times height..."
Math Paper 1 was also a VERY thick booklet. Poor trees! Like Science, math also turned out to be rather easy except for the part where they start using indices. O_O Not my strongest point. Locus was okay. Construction, easy... For once I managed to check my paper once I was done with it. See, surprising. I never get to check my math paper. After math, we had a 2 hour break before Sejarah. Very strategic timing there... Managed to go through Form 1 and Form 3... And that was it! Looked at the exam booklet. "WAH! SO THICK MAN!" At least it wasn't as thick as the science paper. The questions for sejarah was more on WHY did they do this and that. WHAT can you learn from this? I was expecting facts, not some civics-based questions. T_T

Day 4
1. Kemahiran Hidup : ERT
Morning of day four, I did not get my usual good luck SMS from Dad at 6 am as he usually does. :o (He text me later after 9 am or so when the paper was over. Heh!) As I looked at the food on the lazy susan I tried to remember how each kuih I've eaten before looks like, how's its cooked and what's in it. There was porridge today, so I had a few scoops of that and that was it.
Before the paper, everyone was memorizing the value of the resistors or what leg in the IC NE555 was for. Nicole was chanting:
"Harry Potter makan jagung kuning hijau bagi untuk Kim Possible!" O_O
Hitam - 0
Perang- 1
Merah- 2
Jingga- 3
Kuning- 4
Hijau- 5
Biru- 6
Ungu- 7
Kelabu- 8
Putih- 9
And guess what? The question on resistors NEVER came out! xD They only asked what is this for and what is the use of this item, yada-yada. Easier than expected. Good time for a nap though. The fan was blowing in my face, lulling me to sleep. Go to sleep Suraya~ There's 1 hour left~ Zzz...

Day 5
1. Geografi
Today's the last day. Can't believe it. For sahur this morning, had some bubur lambuk minus the green stuff. Had my normal dose of water and went to iron the clothes. I haven't touched my Geografi book for ages and I'm only opening it this morning. *flips through the book* Ah! I never finished Pn. Toh's notes from class! Packed up one last time and left for school.
When I arrived, I could hear Ale laughing all the way from Jalan Talent. GOD, ALE YOU ARE LOUD - I said to myself as I smiled and walked to the longbench to join the bunch of hooligans. They all yelled "GOOD MORNING SU!" as I appeared in front of the office. We closed our books, took our stationery, and said our prayers - it's the last day! - and went to our respective halls. The invigilators stood by the door and so did we. I guess when Ale heard the word 'MASUK' she thought we could go in, so she ran to her seat and sat down. xD All of us stood outside the hall screaming "ALE!! GET OUT!!" I guess she was too excited. Can't blame her, it is the last day of PMR and my hair was standing on end long before we got our exam booklets. We looked at our papers, and smiled. My fingers were itchy to just open the darned bookelet and get over with it!
This would be the last time we ever have to check if we get the correct answer sheet, take out our IC - check the exam slip - TODAY IS THE DAY. I feel like crying. *sniffeh*
"Kamu boleh mula jawab sekarang!"
At the speed of Kimi Raikkonen's F1 McLaren - I quickly ticked the answers on the question booklet and shaded the answer on the answer sheet. In 15 minutes I was done. I guess after that I must've checked the paper a gazillion times - because I think the answers were stuck in my head like flys on a flytrap! Bzzz~ I looked around - everyone was still shading. Daw! I wnt my answers to be collected NOW!! I counted down the seconds which turned out to be too much for me to count - so I started arranging my stationery carefully in my Ziploc bag that has 4 battle scars on the side thanks to my VERY sharp Stabilo Exam Grade pencils mum gave me before PMR. *shakes head* After humming songs to myself and tapping my feet for 15 mintues -
"Calon-calon masih ada masa lima minit"
Five minutes! GET MY PAPER NOW!! Then, we hear screams coming from the other end of school. OH, GET MY PAPER NOW! I started to twitch in my seat. I wanted to get up and scream too - but...
"Calon-calon masih ada lebih kurang satu minit..."
(HURRY UP ALREADY!!!)
"Baiklah, masa sudah tamat!"
This is when I unvoluntarily said "YEAH!" and did the victory clap ala Gerard in the vid I'm Not Okay. The invigilators smiled as they collected the papers. The dude thanked us and said -
"Kita jumpa lagi dalam masa 2 tahun, kamu boleh keluar sekarang"
Then it crossed my mind - oh heck, I still have SPM. *gulp* We all screamed and jumped around pointlessly. Amazingly I didn't. All I said was - " Ah, it's finally over!" The end. There's something wrong with me. xD Seriously, I did not SCREAM! Odd much. Reaction very slow maybe.. Haha... Outside Gate C we were observing the two Rottweilers in the gates of some house beside the school pulling out dry leaves - free entertainment of the day. Shi Yun had her mp3 and Huda was on the phone. Everyone else was talking about "What should I do when I get home??" Then Inessa's mum came by honking all the way from Gate B. Oh-kay... Then she rolled down the window and yelled "WOOHOO!" The rest of us smiled back and waved. PMR has finally come to an end. Finally.
-Su, signing off.
(Do excuse the typing errors, I only had so little time to type this out. :D)
PMR 2006

No comments: