November 05, 2009

The journey of self-discovery...

...on Facebook.

Yes, the social-networking site, Facebook.com.

Almost a week through my semester break and I'm already dying to get back to classes. Yes, seriously. I even dream about attending lectures. It's that serious.

Bored out of my skull, I decided to turn on my laptop and do some Facebook quizzes. They have a multitude of quizzes; ranging from cheesy ones like "When will you get married?" to grim ones like "How and when will you die?".

(I'm getting married at 22, and I'm going to die in a diving accident at 40-something, apparently.)

Usually, the quizzes are short, reprising of five, six or eight questions. Once answered, they'll ask you to recommend the quiz to your friends. But what I usually do is press the 'Skip' button and head straight to my results and later publish it on the Wall for everybody else to see when they log in.

Today was no different.

I ran through the list of different quizzes taken by by friends and tried them out.

The first was a lengthy 30 question quiz on brain dominance. I was pretty sure that I was right-brained. Math was never my best subject. That was for sure. Now I'm pretty much stuck in this science-linguistic-arts complex, because I love all of 'em. Maybe not math... Not that much.

Question after question, the results were in;



I was right! Well, according to this quiz anyway. It said that out of the 30 questions given, the answer of 17 questions indicated I was right brain dominant, and that I would make a good politician. Haha! :D

Beware cruel world! Susu the right-brained politician is here! MUAHAHAHA.

Next was a shorter, simpler, fun quiz. "Which Pokemon Are You?"


A friend of mine got Eevee. A cute, bushy tailed pokemon that evolved into 5 different pokemon, depending on what stone you gave it to evolve.


I ran through the questions, answered them quickly and clicked for my results.


In case the font's too small for ya to read; it basically says that I'm absent-minded, ditzy and clumsy. Like Psyduck. "PSY-AY_AY!" But that's what makes me cute. (:

(Haha, I didn't say it. The quiz results did.!) Hahahaha... Positive? Not really... Never know what's going on? Half the time, yes. It also says I'm naive. I won't disagree to that one. I know I'm naive.

Next in my list was a 30 question IQ test. It was a tough one. God, I actually squeezed out my brain cells for this one! Pencil and paper in hand, I went through the questions- trying to make sense of sequences, series, numbers...

And when I had no idea, I just went for the best answer I could think of.


And I got an above average! Intelligent, I am. Haha! Now all I need is a college CGPA of 4.0 to prove it. (That's the hard part.)

Now that I knew that I was 'intelligent', (Haha!) I wanted to know what kind of intelligence I had. I remembered my teacher telling me about this in Form 5. And just on que- this quiz flashed before my eyes: "The Intelligence Type Test."

Without hesitation, I took the test.

The results didn't surprise me. I pretty much predicted I'd get something like that. ;D

Just from the quizzes I took today, I pretty much discovered that I'm a very, very naive person, with an above average IQ. My right brain is more dominant than my left and I've been bestowed with the gift of words; and my future lies in the land of Politics or Acting.

So, what on earth am I doing in the field of Science?

Maybe it's because I was raised to love Science.

As I child, I was always curious, always driven to learn something new (by my right brain?) to know more than those my age. I never liked doing Math. (Do I blame my less dominant left brain for this?) Sometimes I would get my parents to do my math homework for me while I sat down to write a number of essays (Linguistic Intelligence. Haha!) or finish a painting that was due in the morning.

But I simply loved Science, as much as I loved the Arts.

My childhood TV did not have brainless TV shows like Teletubbies or Spongebob on the TV listing (Thank God! See, now I've got an above average IQ.) instead, I watched Captain Planet, Sesame Street and The Magic School Bus. And oh yeah, Bill Nye the Science Guy. Haha!

Movies? I grew up watching Sci-Fi movies (yes, Star Wars, Stargate, Star Trek...) because my parents loved watching Sci-Fi. I wanted to be a paleontologist after watching Jurassic Park and an archaeologist after watching Indiana Jones! Let's not go into the part where I wanted to be a Jedi master too.

Over the years, I pretty much improved in both fields.

So, now I'm thinking- y'know; So what if I'm a right-brained, linguistic-powered girl with an IQ that's above average? I'll still make a pretty awesome volcanologist allright. The most verbal, artsy volcanologist in town with the prettiest shots of volcanoes in her theses. Hahahahaha...

Whatever.

The road is still long and the future's not certain. (;

No comments: