Why the sudden spark of kerajinan you may ask?
Ngek, I have always been rajin la. It's just that I have to go up a notch on the rajin-ness this time around because as it turns out, my holidays has unfortunately (or fortunately?) been extended. Thanks to the sudden boom of smart kids in Malaysia, my minuscule CGPA of 2.89 has earned me a spot nowhere; leaving me stuck in a university-less limbo of an uncertain future!
I admit I felt crushed when I looked up my results on three separate windows on Mom's laptop. I was stunned, speechless. Nawwal had told me the night before, but I guess I was just too sleepy to fathom it. The moment Mom asked about my results, I broke down in tears, crying. I cried for an hour (haha!) and then decided I was tired of crying, thinking about my doomed future and more crying (negativity drains a LOT of energy) so I went straight to the appeal online portal.
I'm glad to say that I have posted my appeal. I'm now hoping for the best! Pray for me, friends.
As for what course? I think I'm going to stick to Geology.
I know, I know that I probably have more potential in Computer Science- but the words of a good friend of mine reminded me of how hard I've worked to be a Volcanologist since I was little.
He told me:
"People change through time, it's either you have the courage to follow your dreams til the end, or embrace the change that comes along the way. Either way doesn't matter because you'll always find a way to succeed."
I'm not giving that up just because a bunch of 4.0 kids took my place. In the end it's going to be about me, doing something I really, really, really like. And Geology has always been one of my passions.
And that dream about Tsunamigenic Volcano Eruptions has to count for something, right?
God's telling me to go for it. xD
I know, I know- Anum, Sayn, Hazmi, Nawwal, Fadhil, Amir - you guys have encouraged me to take up Comp. Sci instead of Geo. I thank you all for your faith in me, no one could ask for better friends than you. And Nadzmie, thanks for spending all that time trying to text some sense into my confuzzled head. Your very, very, very long messages helped a lot. (:
Now I leave my future in the hands of God (and the ministry? Haha)
Keep praying for me, guys! USGS needs me! XD
Gotta get back to the mess. Toodles, loves. I wish I could give you guys a million bucks.
No comments:
Post a Comment