July 15, 2010

World Cup Withdrawal Syndrome?

Schweinsteiger and Messi. My two favourite players this year. (:

OI. FIFA is over la.

Aaah, so it has been over. A few days now. It took 4 years worth of waiting and now it's gone again. A big congratulations to Spain and Holland (I supported both teams in the finals) It wasn't the best game, but it was a good game nonetheless.

So here I am, in my Germany jersey, fresh out of Mineralogy class. Well, most of us had jerseys on, there were two of us decked in Deutschland's black and white, one Malaysian one (super patriotic guy. Haha), one Espana jersey and one Oranje jersey. The colours reminded me of the times I spent waking up late at night to catch the live telecast of the FIFA matches.

No more noisy vuvuzelas, no more staying up- just back to our normal routines, classes, etc.

But I'll definitely miss watching the World Cup. Hahaha... I know it was filled with a gazillion upsets, more yellow cards than confetti at New Year's and the always blamed-on referees; But this was my first time ever watching the World Cup not just to catch some eye candy. (Yes, I'm a total fangirl when it comes to that)

But now, haha... Now I can tell you when a ball has gone offside and when players take corners. I was a total football n00b before the World Cup started. I just couldn't wrap my head around the concept until, well, now. xD

I rooted for Germany. Such a young team (filled with handsome German men. HAHA). They had brilliant short passes (the Jabulani was horrible for long passes across the field) which helped them get through to the semi-finals even without Ballack. Lahm proved a great captain in his absence. And Loew did well coaching the young team. They made it through to the semi-finals, getting 3rd place, again. Oh well. In 4 more years, Germany will come out a whole lot stronger. OH YEAH. Come quick Brazil 2014.

Eye candeh. :D

Sadly, most of them are no longer single (I swear the whole team is married, even 20-year old Mueller.) There goes my chance of being a WAG now, huh? xD

P/S: I'll post up something more coherent next time. Forgive this sorry excuse for a post. :P

No comments: